This time I present to you a device that I have long wanted to try, thanks to the company NETIO. In this case I have acquired one of your Smart Sockets, in my case I am in America our electrical network is 110VAC, it is recommended to use the NETIO PowerPDU 4C, perfect for my tests, it has a variety of interesting features.
Let’s learn more about Netio
NETIO is a company that produces smart sockets that can be controlled and managed via LAN and WiFi. This company is originally from Prague / Czech Republic / Europe. Its products are programmable and technically support all the most used M2M / IoT protocols.
Its motto is: “NETIO Products: Smart outlets controlled by LAN and WiFi”.
Oficial WebSite : netio.com
Applications or use cases
They require managing devices on or off through IoT or M2M protocols, which can be:
- Laboratory equipment
- Manage Multimedia Systems
- Manage lighting time Advertising and Lighting.
- Air conditioners
- CCTV or IT infrastructure
Vídeo: Initial Review PowerPDU 4C
- Power input 110 / 230V
- Power output 4x IEC-320 C13
- Individual measurement at each output
- Zero current switching (ZCS) on each output
- Button control of each output
- Ignition output state defined
Open API interface
- WEB interface to configure the product, compatible with HTTP
- Fully documented M2M API (13 protocols)
- RS-232 Serial port controlled with a local Lua script
- Online demo to test
Unique Features of PowerPDU 4C
- Built-in Ethernet switch
- No momentary output change even during FW update
- Lua scripts that run directly on the device
- Planner function with graphical interface.
- IP WatchDog function
- Support for measurements with external sensors.
- Support to read / write values in UPC using SNMP
- Supply voltage: 110/230 VAC / Max 10A
- Low internal consumption: 2 to 5 W
- Surge protection: yes
- Maximum energy 125J
- Maximum applied voltage 300Vrms
- Max. maximum current 20 / 80us 4500A
- Max. clamping voltage 775V
- 4x IEC-320 C13 / Max 10A per output
- Power On State: Yes – Configurable Default Power On State (On / Off / LAST)
- ZCS (Zero Current Switching): Yes, configurable default state (On / Off / LAST)
- IOC (independent output control): yes
- 4x current [A]
- 4x consumption [kWh]
- 4x output power [W]
- 4x TPF (actual power factor)
- Frequency [Hz]
- Voltage [V]
- Phase [-180 ° to 180 °]
- Accuracy: better than 1% (25 ° C)
- 2x 10/100 Mbps LAN (RJ-45)
- Built-in unmanaged Ethernet switch
- RS-232 serial port (3 pins: Rx, Tx, GND)
- USB: only as 5V / 1A supply output
- Mobile application: NETIO Mobile
- FW update via web interface: Yes
- Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, DNS, NTP, UPnP, DHCP, SNMP, ICMP, MQTT, SSL, Modbus / TCP
- Main switch
- 4 buttons for individual shots
- LED indication of current output states
- Sound indication: yes
Open API M2M / Protocols IoT
- Telnet (compatible with KSHELL)
- SNMP ( SNMP v1 / SNMP v3 )
- Modbus / TCP
- MQTT (genérico / MS Azure)
- URL API HTTP (s)
- XML HTTP (s)
- JSON HTTP (s)
- SIP VoIP
- Temperature: -20 ° C to + 75 ° C
- For indoor use only (IP30)
- Warranty: 24 months
- NETIO PowerPDU 4C: 220 x 40 x 120 (width x height x depth)
- Cable length: 1m
- Weight: 0.8 Kg
- Package: 325 x 74 x 224mm (Width x Height x Depth)
- EN 61010-1 ed.2: 2011
- EN 61326-1 ed.2: 2013
- EN 55011 ed.3: 2010
- Designed and manufactured in the Czech Republic.
Where to buy the PowerPDU 4C
My package arrived
After 10 days the package arrived:
- NETIO PowerPDU 4C.
- QIG (Printed Quick Installation Guide).
- Power cable (Europlug C13 by default).
- Ballpoint pen (Gift).
- Chocolate (Gift).
PowerPDU Power Plug
The plug that comes by default is the European version, luckily there is a European-American Plug Converter.
4 Output PowerPDU Plug
In this case they are C14 type output connectors, I have found an extension cable.
I will modify the other connection to connect my test equipment.
WEB Server Connection – Configuration
With a patch-Core cable we will connect to our local network.
NETIO has applications to search for NETIO devices on the “Netio Discover” network using the MAC.
In my case I will use FING, which shows me the IP of the devices on my network, in my case it is 192.168.0.15.
From our web browser we enter:
User (default): admin
Password (default): admin
Enter the administration web interface.
In future tutorials we will carry out integrations and tests using the wide variety of protocols.
It is an incredible device, it is not a simple consumption meter, it is an energy manager for devices, checking if they are turned on or programming their time of use.
It has ZCS (ZERO CURRENT SWITCHING) a very interesting feature of which we will go into detail later.
It has 13 communication protocols to facilitate integration with other platforms, it has a community and complete documentation, there are integration tests with:
- IBM Cloud – MQTT-flex
- IBM Cloud – NETIO 4x MQTT-LUA
- Azure IoT Hub – MQTT
- HiveMQ – MQTT-flex
- NodeRED – JSON API
- Jam-software – ServerSentinel
Thanks to Netio for this great device !!